October 12, 2007

Gearing Up for the Season of Giving

I know, I know. It's not even Halloween yet. But, the damn holiday catalogs are already getting stuffed into my mailbox, and I have a hard time not flipping through the one's I get through public radio and television mailing lists. Why? Because they're just so strange. Half the stuff in these catalogs is completely New Age-y and weird. The other half, well, is typically just, like, odd. For example, a few years back, you could purchase a framed, voided check from Jack Haley, the actor that played the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz. I contemplated getting it for someone, because it was just so ridiculous, but it cost over $300! WHO BUYS THIS SHIT?!?!

My long-time favorite is the Signals catalog, but lately I've been receiving a few spin-offs, too. The must-have-gem pictured here was found in the Wireless catalog. For those of you reading this that are on my gift list...watch out. You might just be lucky enough to rest your wrists on this beauty. Or, maybe I'll just buy you a real baguette to test-drive first.

Browse and enjoy.

1 comment:

Adam said...

my doctor prescribed me 2 muffins for my Carpal Tunnel.