October 02, 2007

"Dare to be Different"

Remember Zubaz pants? Those crazy Hammer-styled exercise pants that tapered at the ankle? Nothing says "extreme workout" quite like these early-'90s gems. They're breathable. They're flexible. They're FIERCE. I remember these things used to really freak me out. And, they still do honestly. They're just so WILD. Too wild. And, like, they allow way too much movement. I mean, I think they move even when no one's wearing them.

I honestly don't know how 2007 gym rats are even able to work out without these PANTS. They obviously do the working out for you. They're that good.

The Wikipedia entry claims the founders put out a limited-production re-release at some point this year. WTF?! And, apparently people are buying these things on Ebay...USED?! Oh, and my favorite line from the wiki article: "The word Zubaz came to mean “in your face” among sports fans and athletes." ...enough said, really.

2 comments:

Cadien said...

Just wanted to remind you of the DIAPER possibility here. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where your ADULT DIAPER fantasy may come true, but I felt I had to point it out.

heidi said...

scholars maintain that the origin of these pants was lost hundreds of years ago.